- Hits: 1035
Methi matar malai
- 2 cups Methi finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Green Chillies
- Remove leaves from methi, discard stems, wash methi leaves 2 to 3 times in cold water and chop finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, onions and cook till onions become translucent.
- Add tomatoes, green chillies, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic grind it to paste and then mix and cook for 1 mt. Add coriander powder, cumin powder and cook for 2 mts.
- Add , red chilli powder and again cook for 2 mts. Add methi leaves, sprinkle some salt, mix, cover and cook for 5 mts. Add Green Peas, mix, cover and cook for another 2 mts.
- Add cream, mix, garam masala, salt and sugar. Serve hot with roti, paratha or naan!
- 1 tsp Coriander powder, 1 tsp Red Chilli powder, 1 tsp Cumin powder
- Whipped cream 1 cup, 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp SugarIf using moulds, first sprinkle some at bottom.
- Take some mixture and press into mould. When set well, invert and carefully, un-mould.
Stir Fried Vegetables
- ¼ of a small cauliflower or broccoli - cut into florets
- 5-6 parboiled french beans - cut into 1" long pieces
- 3 whole flakes of garlic - sliced thinly
- 1 onion - cut into fours & separated
- 1 carrot - cut into fingers
- 2 cabbage leaves - torn into big pieces
- ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper to taste, 1 tbsp oil
- 2-3 tbsp ready-made stir fry sauce
- Boil 4 cups water with 1 tsp salt. Add beans, cauliflower and carrots. Boil for 2 minutes till slightly soft. Remove from fire and strain. Pat dry and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Add garlic and onions. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower or broccoli. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add all other vegetables and ingredients. Remove from fire.
Lentil, spinach & tomato salad
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 4 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 100g flat beans, topped, cut into 2cm lengths diagonally
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Sliced crusty bread, to serve
- Place the lentils, tomato, spinach, beans, carrot, cucumber and parsley in a large bowl and gently toss until just combined.
- Use a balloon whisk to whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, oil and garlic in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined. Divide the salad among serving bowls. Serve with crusty bread.