- Hits: 1491
- 500g Soft white milk fudge (khoya)
- 300gms sugar powdered
- Half tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds semi crushed
- 1tbsp slivered or crushed pistachios
- A few strands of saffron
- 1tbsp warm milk
- 2 drops saffron colour (optional)
- Soak the saffron in warm milk.
- Crumble the khoya. If very hard, grate the khoya. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Put mixture in a large heavy or nonstick pan. Heat on medium high for few minutes. Reduce the flame and cook till soft and gooey.
- Make sure to stir continuously, while on heat. When mixture is thick and gooey, add cardamom and saffron. Add the colour if desired.
- Mix well, and take off fire. Allow to cool, gently turning occasionally.
- Use cookie moulds, or shape pedas with palms into patty rounds. Mix pistachios and cardamom seeds and press a bit on top of each.
- If using moulds, first sprinkle some at bottom. Take some mixture and press into mould. When set well, invert and carefully, un-mould.
- 3 Cups Fresh Curd
- 1 Cup Urad dal
- 1/4 Cup Moong dal
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 Green Chili (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Cumin Seed (roasted and grounded)
- 1 tsp Chili Pepper
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 6 tsp Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Wash and soak the two dals overnight in water.
- Drain out excess water. Add asafoetida, salt and green chilli. Grind to make a thick batter, beat till fluffy. Now heat oil in a large frying pan. Add spoonfuls of dal batter in oil and fry until turned golden brown. Remove excess oil. Drop the hot vadas in a cold water bowl and leave for about 3-4 minutes. Take each vada out from water, squeeze and set aside. Now add garam masala, pepper and salt in beaten curd. Pour curd mixture over vadas, placed on a deep bottomed dish. Sprinkle with roasted cumin powder and chopped coriander leaves.
- Dahi Vada is ready to serve with sweet tamarind chutney.
- 1 litre full fat milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 10 to 12 black peppercorns (kalimirch)
- a few saffron (kesar) strands
- To be ground into a fine powder
- 1/4 cup almonds (badam)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 20 white peppercorns
- Boil the milk and allow it to cool completely.Keep aside.
- Add the ground powder and mix well. Refrigerate the mixture for 3 to 4 hours.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve, add the sugar,peppercorns and saffron and mix well.
- Serve chilled. strawberries. Sandwich together with sponge tops.Dust with icing sugar and serve.