- Hits: 1204
Valentine's Day Special Recipe
Cardamom Panna Cotta
- Fresh Cream: 1 cup
- Milk: 1/4 cup
- Sugar : 3 tbsp
- Agar Agar / China Grass Powder : 2 tsp
- Cardamom Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Water : 4 tbsp
- Oil : 1/2 tsp
- Heat water in a pan and add the agar agar powder. Let it boil and reduce the heat for about 5 minutes or till agar agar has dissolved.
- Mix the milk, cream, sugar and cardamom powder in a vessel and let it boil. Now add the agar agar mixture to it and mix well.
- Grease the cups with little oil and pour the cream mixture into the cups / moulds.
- Refrigerate the panna cotta for 5 - 6 hours or until set. To unmould,dip the cups into hot water and turn out the panna cottas.
- Garnish and serve!
Molten Lava Cake Valentine Chocolate Dessert
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolates
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Butter and lightly flour four 6 ounce ramekins, set on a baking sheet. Melt the butter with chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. In a medium bowl beat egg,
egg yolk, sugar and salt until thickened and pale. Whisk the melted chocolate until smooth and quickly fold into the egg mixture along with flour. Spoon the batter into prepared ramekins and bake for 12 minutes. ( For me it took only 9 minutes) or until the sides of the cakes are firm but centers are soft. Let the cakes cool in the ramekins for 1 min, then cover each with inverted plate. Carefully turn each one over, let stand for few seconds, then unmold. Serve hot
Strawberry love heart sponge cakes
- 350g double unfilled round sponge cake
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250g strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon pure icing sugar
Place sponge cake layers on a chopping board. Using an 8cm heart-shaped cutter, cut 3 hearts from each cake. Using a sharp knife, gently split each heart in half.
Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add cream and vanilla. Beat until mixture thickens.
Spread cream cheese mixture over sponge cake bases. Top with strawberry slices. Place jam in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high (100%) for 30 seconds or until warm and runny. Spoon warm jam over strawberries. Sandwich together with sponge tops. Dust with icing sugar and serve.