Asian Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
- 1 deli rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 can(s) (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, halved
- 6 scallions, diagonally sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) Asian sesame salad dressing
- 1 head(s) Boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- Garnish: hot pepper flakes (optional)
Remove and discard chicken skin and pull meat off bones. Tear or cut meat into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl with carrots, water chestnuts and scallions.
In a small bowl, whisk yogurt with salad dressing; toss with chicken mixture.
Spoon into lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with hot pepper flakes, if using.
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red chile (seeded for less heat, if desired), thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 bunch(es) spinach, thick stems discarded
- 4 thick slices country bread, toasted
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and chile and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Season the shrimp with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp, add the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the spinach and cook, tossing, until beginning to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over the bread.
- Next >>